[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, November 25-December 1, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page64
[over 266,000 views! as of December 1, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 750, Nov 25 at 0628 UT, mutually nullable with WSB to the east is something from the north with classic rock, soon ID as ``CK750 Classic Hits`` --- except the way I heard it at first was an anagram of hits. It`s the Melfort, Saskatchewan station really callsigned CKJH, supposedly 25/25 kW U4, at night mostly north with a particular notch toward Atlanta (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1210, Dec 1 at 0640 UT, dead air from KGYN Guymon, instead of talk format which replaced US Country some weeks ago; while at right angle underneath is gospel huxter in Spanish, no doubt KUBR San Juan TX in the RGV.

I haven`t bothered to report it, but KGYN is ALWAYS strong here at night now, obviously failing to go direxional as required to protect Philadelphia (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** U S A. Re: 780-CUSB, Nov 24 at 0130 UT, C&W music on USB only, but over WBBM, while tuning LSB hears nothing but WBBM. It`s KJME Fountain CO, 1900/720 watts U4, already known to be USB. . .

Hi Glenn -- Correct city-of-license for what you heard on 780 [USB] (Fountain, Colorado), but the KJME calls are on 890. What you heard was KCEG. Both KCEG and KJME are owned by Timothy Cutforth, according to Wikipedia. On evenings when conditions are favorable to the west from here, KCEG can cause a great deal of interference to WBBM. 73, (Rick Dau, South Omaha, Nebraska, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Tnx, Rick; how did I do that?? (gh)

** U S A. 1040, Nov 30 at 1409 UT, occupying the null of WHO, ID includes ``The Mix [?] 98-5``, which leads directly to KCBR Monument CO (Colorado Springs mkt), as in NRC AM Log which calls it ``Blazin` 98.5`` with hiphop and IBOC. Of course, 98.5 is a measly translator and they have another on 95.7 which doesn`t get top/any? billing.

Radio-locator does not know of a website, but wikipedia does, what else?:
http://blazin985fm.com

As for the 1040 dog wagged by 98.5, it`s a 15 kW daytimer, reduced to 2 kW during Critical Hours. November official SR/SS = 1345 UT/2345 UT, which means the 2-hour CH periods are 1345 UT-1545 UT & 2145 UT-2345 UT, so should have been on 2 kW when I heard it.

In December: 1415 UT-2345 UT, CH 1415 UT-1615 UT, 2145 UT-2345 UT. So from tomorrow, unless it have an unknown PSRA, it should not even be on the air until 1415 UT.

1040, Dec 1 at 1352 UT, WHO nulled, talk with 719 area code, Colorado/Colorado Springs ads, obviously KCBR Monument CO illegally on the air before official FCC December sunrise of 1415 UT; 1355 UT ``Blazin` 98-5`` non-ID in passing during program promo. However after 1400 UT I am still hearing much further east WHO, but not KCBR, and while Catholic neighbor 1060 KRCN Longmont, is still audible, also before its legal sunrise of 1415 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1280, Nov 25 at 1323 UT, KSOK Arkansas City KS playing ``NoÃl2``, 1328 UT ID only as ``103-3 The Mix``, so already Xmasmx is in the mix, but not mixclusively: 1333 UT disco (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1360.0, Nov 30 at 1357 UT, mass in English, same as on WEWN 5970 where it`s voice-overed into Spanish (12065 English still AWOL), so this is one of our EWTN affiliates. We are blessed that our two closest 1360s are both EWTN! KDJW in Amarillo TX, and KPHN in El Dorado KS.

``Stations informing the FCC that they are silent: 1360, KPHN, KS, El Dorado â Silent Oct. 26, theft of satellite dish, EAS equipment, computer, etc. (AM Switch, NRC DX News Nov 27, published Nov 18, via DXLD)``

Monitoring this is severely impeded by the huge spur from local KCRC 1390 Enid, which now is wobbling slightly around 1360.537v, making a big het. I can hear the RCC only in the null of KCRC. KPHN is closer and does not have a null toward us like KDJW does, which maybe protects KPHN. At 1400 UT cannot pull a local ID, and into EWTN talk show, YL pitching for funding.

(At 1408 UT I am hearing the same thing on 1060, i.e. 50 kW U1 KRCN Longmont (Denver) CO, since 1345 UT sunrise, but not until 1415 UT in December, 111 watts night power.)

At 1655 UT when skywave should be minimal, I am able to DF the 1360.0 groundwave separately from KCRC 1360.537v, to find it`s indeed from KPHN direxion rather than KDJW, so KPHN has recovered (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1470, Nov 26 at 0131 UT, ``Kansas Wildcat football`` and fade. There are two KS and two MO stations on 1470, but this:
http://www.k-statesports.com/sports/2015/6/29/_131476204439108399.aspx
shows the only one on their net is KSMM Liberal KS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

I wouldn't be surprised if this station was stuck on day rig. I had never heard them before at the Border Inn beverage site (US 6/50 at the Nevada-Utah border) but they are all over my recordings from this year's trip. Oldies, "Southwest Kansas' super hits" slogan, //KAHE-95.5 (at least some of the time) with lots of ads for Dodge City. 73 (Tim Hall, CA, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---