[IRCA] Ordered a Radio

Hi all - after reviewing the options I've ordered a Sangean PR D15 to use with the FSL. I had narrowed it down to the Tecsun 660 or 880, the Sangean, the CCrane 2E, and the Sony EX5MK2 and based on weak signal handling capability decided on the Sangean. In second place was the analog dial Sony, which reportedly also has great weak signal capability on MW. I really wanted to like the Tecsuns more, especially the 880 'cuz it looks so flash and it has SSB and a bunch of bandwidths, but the reviews and comments from users convinced me that it wasn't the one for me, although no doubt it's a great little radio. I just needed an emphasis on great MW signal handling. I would have chosen the Sony except for a potential intermod problem and the analogue dial would have been a lot less friendly for ensuring I was on the frequency I wanted to be on (or that I thought I was on). I chose the PR D15 over the PR D5 because of the fine tuning on the former, but it meant that I had to order it from North America as the 15 isn't available in Europe as far as I can tell.

It's going to be an interesting experience for me going from the ELAD to the Sangean, from unlimited bandwidths to 1, from ECSS, SSB, Sync etc to AM only. It'll be like going back to my first real receiver when I was a lad of 14, the Grundig Satellit 6001, although with that I had the external SSB unit!

Regards,

Michael Yule