Re: [IRCA] Congratulations to DXpedition Partner Tom R.

Hi Bill,

<<< Thanks for this news Gary and congrats to Tom! Someone has finally found the secret to wide-band recorded DX at Rockworks. Maybe more of us will come now?! >>>

Of course, we would be thrilled to welcome more transoceanic DXers to the wild ocean cliff site. It would help those of us who have become hooked on DU-DXing at the place to feel halfway normal.

<<< Not to take anything away from this awesome achievement, but in fairness to Grayland - when there was one - I show 64 NZ stations heard from there during my July 2014 DXpedition:

http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_grayland10.php
â but whoâs counting? >>>

Yikes-- sorry, Bill. I was going by Chuck's accounting after our Rockwork 4 DXpedition the same month as yours (July 2014), during which he tracked down 87 Kiwis at the site. I was able to track down one more (on 585) that wasn't on his list. He mentioned that his previous Grayland record for NZ reception was 62 Kiwi stations (with the July 2014 file posted at http://www.mediafire.com/file/gpjd7rge4dt2kof/July_2014_Rockwork_4_Ocean_Cliff_DU_%28DeBock_%26_Hutton%29.doc

In any case, congratulations to you for holding the NZ reception record at Grayland, and to Tom for equaling it at Rockwork 4.

Gary