Re: [IRCA] CC Skywave SSB second impressions

Hi Gary,

I agree that the manual is misleading with regards to the SSB mode.

As soon as I powered up the radio, I tried SSB on SW to see how it worked. Then I switched to AM, pushed the SSB button again and, Voila!, it worked on AM, too.

Very nice!

I also like that the Skywave SSB's telescoping antenna is longer (by 2.5 inches) than on the original Skywave.

Even the packaging is nicer. The new Skywave box is a keeper, whereas the original Skywave's clear plastic package is not.

And it was so cool to log a new station with the new radio while sitting in front of the tube watching Law & Order reruns!

73,

Stan, WA1LOU