 Subject: [IRCA] 576 South Africa .. new one!
 To: nrc-am@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CapeDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Cc: "Mark Connelly" <markwa1ion@xxxxxxx>
 Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 10:26 AM

 When reviewing my Perseus capture of 20 OCT at
 2300 UTC I noted what seemed to be English talk on
 576. Most of the time the channel has RNE Spain //
 Canary Islands synchros, always in Spanish, so I was
 intrigued.

 I uploaded the file to ' https://app.box.com/s/wihr8af3wu8d8njc01ynjumq3u2t4v8e
 ' and posted a link on RealDX for assistance.

 Right away Bruce Conti recognized EWTN
 theme music at the top of the hour.

 His comments included:
 "Radio Veritas? Definite EWTN
 music at the beginning of the clip. Per the online 576
 R.Veritas program schedule http://www.radioveritas.co.za/index.php/programmes EWTN
 19:30-03:00 UTC."

 I replied:

 Thanks Bruce. That would be a new
 one here. Propagation from eastern Brazil was good
 (760 at least) so, by extension on a not-too-different
 bearing, lower Africa should also have been in play.

 Here in the New England states this is
 likely a better South Africa opportunity than 828.Â
 That one is in there some evenings but is battered by slop
 from WCRN.

 576 is not too badly slopped since
 adjacent 570 (WMCA / Reloj) and 580 (WKAQ / WTAG) are mostly
 talk.

 Mark Connelly, WA1ION
 South Yarmouth, MA

 Perseus receiver; cardioid-pattern
 SuperLoop: 9m vert. by 20m horiz. (peak 90 deg., null 270
 deg.)
 those of the original contributors and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing
 staff, or officers

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

--- End Message ---