[IRCA] WMFN 640Khz - Peotone, IL

WMFN 640 is running an OC.  I missed their testing with
audio a few weeks ago.  This afternoon I drove out to the
XMTR site.  It's too close for comfort, about 20 miles to
my southeast.  Their site is exactly where radio locator
has it, SW of Peotone, west of I-57.  Their nighttime
pattern shows a null in my direction.  We will see how
well it knocks down their signal when they commence
broadcasting.

Within a mile of the site there is an odd "pulse-sweep"
type noise noted on 630 and 650, roughly once per second.
You don't hear any of this in the OC on 640.  At first
thought it might be radiating from the rural power lines
but it is heard on stretches of the rural roads in this
area that have no power lines.  Any ideas?

I snapped a few photos of the 4 towers for those who
collect these.  Let me know if anyone wants one.  The site
is in the middle of a corn field which is only partly
harvested, about a half mile from the nearest road.

Tom Jasinski
Joliet, IL