[IRCA] Rockwork File Review-- 531-6DL // 594 During Sports

I'm still going through a huge amount of Rockwork 4 recordings from the exceptional August DXpedition, mostly 531 kHz recordings made unattended on a backup 15 inch FSL (about 15 hours worth). There have already been multiple ID's of 4KZ, hours and hours of Samoan music from PI, about 5 solid receptions of More FM, long call-in phone sessions on the Australian SRN station 2PM-- and a single morning's appearance of 6DL from Western Australia.

My DXpedition partner Tom R. was kind enough to pull up some LR network parallels to confirm my 6DL reception at 1253 on 8-4, but further file review of that morning's 531 kHz recording revealed a sporting event on the Australian LR network early on (around 1222), which matched the same program on 594-3WV (there is no programming time delay between Western Australia and Eastern Australia during sporting events). Since 6DL is the only ABC station on 531, that was enough to make sure of another reception of the 10 kW station at 9,050 miles (14,564 km) at 1222 that morning (8-4)
https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/2ms23dtebe7zvl6v0mynhxhjmcqinbs8
594-3WV reception at 1225 on 8-4, with the same announcer and sporting event
https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/bl3iiisd3buj2ns22zb9i8mjdh7wqow7

Hopefully the DXpedition file review will be completed before our planned return trip to Kona, Hawaii in December :-)

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)