Re: [IRCA] S. AZ TPs, Oct. 1

Conditions were actually pretty reasonable from Taitosaki, northeast of
Tokyo, at least for a gaijin.  My Japanese hosts assured me that it was not
an outstanding evening, but not too bad either.

I think that I had KFAX-1100 well before the local sunset at 0820UT , but
need to check the files more carefully. This using a small DKaz and Elad
S-1 SDR.   ESPN-1700 was heard on ultralights and a "frequent flyer" FSL
without much difficulty.   And what was that American on 1350?   The bets
are on KSRO....but over the Japanese station for a short time.

I know this was from  a coastal location, with reduced interference before
sunset, but it still might be worth seeing what a timed recording in North
America delivers in the way of overseas DX around Japanese sunset at your
home location.

best wishes,

Nick