Re: [IRCA] OT: Anniversary of President Kennedy murder

Re: [IRCA] OT: Anniversary of President Kennedy murder

Hi Johnny,

I like the signature "Johnny Callan" on your email, very cool
How world events bring back memories. I was in high school when I heard about JFK's death, it was a shock back home in Australia as well.
I have been downloading all the audio I can find regarding JFK's death.

Thanks

JohnCallarman@xxxxxxx wrote:
Willis Monk wrote: "I wonder if anyone can remember where they were when he was killed?"

I had just finished my 12:15 newscast (a 15-minute job) on KPDN-1340, Pampa, Texas, and was still in the newsroom when the teletype bells started dinging. I had gone back to Pampa, about a 5-hour drive from Dallas, about three weeks earlier, having suffered what happens at some time or another to anyone with a broadcast job. I was had been fired by KFJZ-1270 Fort Worth! I was KFJZ's outside newsman, and if I had not returned (for another three years) to my comfort zone where my work was appreciated, I would have probably been somewhere near Willis, recording the activities.

Ironically, the fellow who was brought in from rival KXOL-1360 to become news director at KFJZ recommended me in 1966 for the outside news job at KILT-610 in Houston, from whom Pete Taylor stole me to help put on WCAS-740 in Cambridge, Mass in 1967.

Johnny Callan, KIXZ-940 1959-60

James Niven
Moody, Texas (GMT-6)
CMElogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx