[IRCA] August, 2017 Michigan BCB logs

New stations heard from West Michigan during the month of August, 2017.

Receiver: Microtelecom Perseus SDR
Antenna: See logs
Location: Western Lower Michigan
All times UTC

North America:

660 KEYZ Williston, ND. - 1000 UTC 8/28/2017 - One that I thought I logged
before, but I guess not.  Heard with TOH legal ID and slogan "KEYZ
Newsradio" and into ABC network news, weak but clear during absence of WSCR
IBOC, on Southwest phased BOGs.  (TROMP-MI)

670 KLTT Commerce City, CO. - 1027 UTC 8/27/2017 - With religious preacher
under WSCR (who's IBOC was off!), KLTT calls given at 1026 UTC.  KLTT later
causing IBOC interference of their own while trying for trans-pacific DX on
adjacent channels, on SW phased BOGs.  (TROMP-MI)

790 KGHL Billings, MT. - 1059 UTC 8/28/2017 - Very poor under heavy IBOC
hash from WBBM, c/w music with legal ID / calls at TOH and into CBS Network
news, on SW phased BOGs.  (TROMP-MI)

1170 WWTR Bridgewater, NJ. - 0159 UTC 8/17/2017 - 600w daytimer on after
hours with Indian music and "EBC Radio" slogans // to webstream, good at
times, on North D-KAZ.  (TROMP-MI)

1360 WNAH Nashville, TN. - 1830 UTC 8.21.2017 - Eclipse log allowing 1kw
WNAH to be heard during their eclipse propagation test.  Clear CW IDs heard
"WNAH NASHVILLE TENNESSEE" peaking at the BOH, along with partial test
announcement heard.  WNAH competing against WKMI, WSAI, WMOB & WIXI during
this time.  Still much more eclipse recordings to mine through.  (TROMP-MI)

1610 WPFP929 Naperville, IL. - 1058 UTC 8/12/2017 - Generally poor under
reduced CHHA on the South D-KAZ with numerous mentions of Naperville, etc.
 (TROMP-MI)

1620 WDHP Frederiksted, US Virgin Islands - 0050 UTC 8/14/2017 - With
classic c/w music // to WDHP webstream, over & under Cuba at times with
fair signal and recognizable songs, on South D-KAZ.  (TROMP-MI)

1620 Radio Bayamo, Cuba - 0100 UTC 8/17/2017 - With Latin music and "Radio
Bayamo" IDs in the mix with WNRP and Radio Rebelde, on South D-KAZ.
 (TROMP-MI)

South Pacific!

702 Magic, Auckland, New Zealand - 1103 UTC 8/31/2017 - Very week with
mostly threshold audio while competing against co-channel 2BL from Sydney.
Magic is over 2BL by 1102 UTC with YL speaking, but still mostly
unintelligible.  At 1103 UTC a distinct sound effect is heard transitioning
from news to weather, the sound effect jumps out of the noise and is
clearly heard and quickly checked against Magic's live webstream for
confirmation during reception.  New medium wave country logged!  Heard on
the SW phased BOGs, 8,303 miles. (TROMP-MI)

1098 V7AB Marshall Islands (presumed) - 1106 UTC 8/31/2017 - With weak
audio and Bryan Adams song "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" and then
into Celine Dion's "I'm Your Lady", lasting for several minutes during
sunrise enhancement, heard on the SW phased BOGs, 6,499 miles.  (TROMP-MI)
Reception video posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6B1rrhWlE

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan