[IRCA] A Helpful Tip For Submitting Reception Reports

This is mainly useful if you have logged a station playing music in a
language you don't understand but will only work if you have a smartphone
or tablet, really. If you can't or don't submit recordings to stations,
that's fine.. but in my experience, that just means you need to submit a
little more written detail beyond "a man singing followed by a chorus".
titles and artists are big help.

I have both SoundHound and Shaam on my phone. Shaam seems a bit better with
international tunes and has a slightly better success rate.

I just had Shazam identify two songs in my aircheck of Radio Clube do Para
4885khz form Brazil. I've had it identify turkish language songs during the
Voice of Turkey english language broadcasts.

all you have ot do is play back your recording on your computer, a small
set of speakers will be fine.. or even headphones. Then bring up the app on
your phone and hold it right up to the sound source.

I've had it work on some pretty cruddy, noisy signals or on songs I'd never
think it'd get.

Just a helpful tip that I've found works for me

Paul