[IRCA] Southern Star New Zealand I-BLOCKED in Michigan

670 WSCR was IBOC free this morning, which opened up the adjacent channels
to DX.  670 KLTT was also heard clearly under Chicago and a new one for the
log book with religious programming.  During this, I'm "watching" a carrier
come up on the Perseus on 657, which would otherwise be occupied by strong
IBOC hash from WSCR, but the hash is absent this morning.  As time passes
and sunrise approaches, 657 builds in strength, but with it comes weak IBOC
hash from another unknown source, but likely far off in the distance.  Per
Barry M's search page, KLTT is also HD, so I assume they are the long
distance culprit spewing out this hash.  My excitement of logging KLTT was
short lived as it's IBOC is now beginning to ruin any chance of hearing the
threshold audio coming up on 657.  Sticking it out, and carefully listening
against Star's streaming audio, start/stop times of talking vs. music
matched what I'm hearing, and high notes in some of the spiritual songs
also boosted my confidence when they matched the very weak audio I was
hearing, which was just enough to maintain SAM lock on the Perseus.  Hard
to log New Zealand at this point, but I hope WSCR's IBOC stays off for a
few days to try again.  657's carrier was also the last one to hang on this
morning before finally disappearing around 1128 UTC - that's 24 minutes
past my local sunrise.

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan