[IRCA] Motel QRM

Gang,

It seems that about 3/4 of the time I travel I end up in a hotel or a motel that has QRM on every AMBCB frequency strong enough to blank out all but the strong locals (if there is one). Some of the nicer motels seem to be the worst. On a recent trip to my wife's family reunion in eastern NY we stayed in a Best Western in Ohio. Tuning the entire BCB I with my Sony ICF-SW35 I could hear 1 station clearly, and one faintly.

I am open to suggestion.

After 2 back surgeries and now scoliosis my back wakes me up a LOT in the middle of the night. I suspect my spinal column was a factory reject acquired off ebay or craigslist. I sleep with the radio and a single earbud, (stereo cut with one bud cut off). I like the SW-35 for several reasons, among them are:

It has 50 memories

It will shut itself off after a reset-able time

It has a button I can push to temporarily light up the dial so I can see the time

And while not the best performer I have ever owned, it has worked well for a long time. It is aging and if anyone has suggestion for a better replacement please pass them on.

Thanks,

Steve NG0G

--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G