[IRCA] Shortwave band interference

Hi all,

Here in the shack my AM band is very clear of any interference and I have no
issues picking out weak stations, but the shortwave bands are covered in a
kind of hash interference and only strong signals are being heard.

Over the weekend, I turned off all the circuit breakers in the house and one
by one turned them on until I found the device(s) causing the interference.
It turns out the spectrum cable modem is the issue along with the two boxes
on top of the TV's for the cable connection. These devices are powered by
the external power pack.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience in tackling such noise or
will the MFJ-1026 unit be affective enough to reduce or remove the noise I
am experiencing.

Unfortunately, turning on the cable modem is out of the question as it's the
Internet/TV and Phone services to the house, plus my wife uses the internet
as well.

Any suggestions are welcomed..

Regards,

James Niven