[IRCA] 558-Fiji on the Warpath

The newly rejuvenated 558-Radio Fiji One was pounding into the ocean cliff at a huge level this morning at 1323, sounding at least as strong as the old 639 transmitter that we all remember https://app.box.com/s/ykjkqqfa59l7h2rfcedhudikwn8ayfye

It was in a snarl with 558-6WA for much of sunrise enhancement as the Western Australian station (with programming matching the "Overnights" podcast on the ABC website) made a return appearance at 1319 to equal the North American Ultralight DXing distance record of 9,138 miles / 14, 705 km
https://app.box.com/s/cze5omzc1x01p28gpdo44wylhdl61l6y

Anyone who really thinks that the hobby is in decline should have been with Tom and me at the ocean cliff this morning! Wild DU mixes were all over the band as both Australia and New Zealand were seriously enhanced. A permanent cure for hobby boredom!

73, Gary DeBock (in Nehalem, OR, USA)