[IRCA] Many thanks from RCI's Ian McFarland

"To all my SWL friends & colleagues,  I can't tell you how much I
enjoyed reading
all your birthday wishes & comments that Colin so kindly collected &
transcribed from all your e-mails.

For this old man it was a most enjoyable exercise in pure nostalgia.  Thank
you all so very much!

There were lots of familiar names on those messages, and of
course, to be truthful, lots of names that weren't familiar after so many
years.

Memory loss is, after all, one of the unfortunate drawbacks
of getting to the age that people refer to as "elderly"!  I find it hard to
believe that I retired from RCI over a quarter century ago now, mercifully,
some years before its impending virtual destruction over the
next few years.

I'm just grateful that I was at RCI during almost 25
years of RCI's heyday.

 I'm also grateful for all the opportunities I had to travel to Europe, the
U.S. and other parts of Canada to attend a
variety of SWL gatherings and have the opportunity to talk with so many of
my listeners.  I'm sure that over my years at RCI I met many times more
listeners than the rest of RCI staff and management combined.

Attending all those events, including the three ANARC conventions that were
hosted by RCI, gave me many useful insights into what our listeners
liked to hear about, and the determined efforts they made, especially in the
noisy interference ridden listening environment in Europe, to tune in to my
SWL Digest program.

I can't tell you how much that meant to
me.  Many thanks again for all your wonderful birthday wishes & comments.

Cheers for now & Good Listening everyone.  Kind regards. Ian.

"

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -