[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 15-21, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page60
[over 230,000 views! as of July 21, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 1050, UT Monday July 17 at 0141 UT, start of interview in English with author of a book about guns, no sign of XEG yet but CCI from another; 0142 UT cut to ad for MO State Fair in Sedalia, and 0143 UT sig drops off, LSS for KSIS, 1000/86 watts U1 in Sedalia? Yes, official FCC sunset in June & July is 0145 (August: 0115). At first I thought the first station was something else, since the interview was interrupted just after it started. But sked for KSIS
http://ksisradio.com/shows/sunday/
confirms at 8 pm CT Sunday is: `Armed America Radio`, and if that`s not enough, at 11 pm, `The Gun Owner`s Newshour`, both from Townsquare network. A turn-off for visiting Sedalia? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1257 & 1283 kHz, July 17 at 0139 UT, IBOC noise is very evident QRMing 1260 and 1280 stations, therefore emanating from something on 1270. No doubt KFLC Fort Worth TX, 50/5 kW as still listed only IBOC active on 1270:
http://topazdesigns.com/iboc/station-list.html
And on 1270 itself Spanish is atop sports in English from OK (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1520, July 21 at 1220 UT, an hour after LSR here, I start some MW bandscanning, where skywave has not quite faded out yet on the topend. KOKC talk from OKC has almost equal signal making slow SAH of 24/minute = 0.4 Hz, and inseparable by DF, so obviously KYND Cypress (Houston market) TX. It`s playing hymns in English, with a brief unID announcement between them.

As of a year ago in the NRC AM Log, KYND was UC:OLD/TLK, 25 kW direxional daytimer, reduced to 18 kW critical hours, different pattern. The indispensable new 38th edition NRC AM Radio Log (about 300 pages on paper only, 3-hole-binder punched) will be out in about a month, and pre-orders are being taken via
http://www.nrcdxas.org/catalog/books/index1.html#ARL
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540.0, July 21 at 1223 UT, since I`ve just heard KYND 1520, time to look for KGBC in Galveston, and there it is with a live timecheck between songs for ``23 past the hour on Galveston`s own KGBC``. How nice that it is once again Galveston`s rather than China`s own (KGBC and KYND both used to relay China Radio International). This has a 72/minute SAH = 1.2 Hz, perhaps with remnant of KXEL if not something closer, and obviously is back almost on-frequency (last year it was way off plus making an audible tell-tale het).

1227 UT a string of about a dozen people getting happy-birthday wishes; and one may apply to be included via http://www.kgbcradio.com --- do you have to prove you`re local? Celebrating un-birthdays would be less risky for identity theft. By now some SS CCI is growing; at first I thought I heard San Antonio mentioned, which would be KEDA, but then definitely ESPN-Deportes Radio, i.e. KZMP. Due to direxionality, it`s not unusual for 2.5 kW KGBC to overcome twice-as-close 32 kW KZMP in The MetroPlex (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1690, July 21 at 1230 UT, ``Money Talk 1690`` and moneytalk1690.com ID from KDMT Arvada CO. Note the word Denver is not included in the URL. Remnant skywave yet from the NW more than an hour after SR here. KDMT should have been bumped up from 1 kW night to day power 10 kW from its FCC-official July sunrise of 1145 UT (August: 1215 UT) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---