Re: [IRCA] not so UNID 800

--- Begin Message ---
James Renfrew Tue, 02 May 2017 20:28:12 -0700

2315 EDT / 0315 UTC

800   "RCN"   Spanish language, announcing "RCN" and "RCN.org".  Heard a
few more of these IDs at 2115, too, which also mentioned "103.7" ( I
think).  A web search on "RCN.org" diverts to spam.  Now, I suppose this
must be TWR from Bonaire.  Spanish language WNNW in Lowell MA is doing
music, not talk.  The TWR web site indicates a Spanish music program at
this time, not the talk I've been hearing occasionally bubbling up.  I
guess TWR is no longer on shortwave, since the website only mentions AM and
FM broadcasts (one of which is 103.7), so no parallel possible. The website
offers live audio, but it appears that this means you can select podcasts
of the various programs, not live.

Jim, Check the WRTH or other listings.

On 800 is 100 kW HJBW, Bucaramanga, Colombia, RCN! Presumably stands or stood for Radio Cadena Nacional.

73, Glenn Hauser, May 3

No reply; not sure he accepts this, based on the // FM 103.7? Now it occurs to me he might have really heard ``RTM`` as in Radio Transmundial. But I find only 89.5 mentioned at http://www.twrbonaire.com and I can`t find any FM for 800 HJBW

Glenn, May 7

--- End Message ---