From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dave Hascall <dhinfomedia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2017 4:58 PM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; WTFDA List; DXreports@xxxxxxxxx; Mike B.
Subject: [IRCA] $37 SDR?

I may never be able to afford a Perseus but I have noticed that SDR prices
have been dropping.  On a whim, I searched "SDR" on a few international,
online retailers.

I found a $29 one, at TomTop but it was in kit form. :(

I searched again and found this one, for $37.  Complete, ready to go.  100
KHz-1.7 GHz

http://www.tomtop.com/communication-instruments-200/p-e2225.html

Would this have any chance of being usable for MW DX?   My main question is
how much of the spectrum could be recorded?  FM DX?

Now, if they only offered a $37, Wellbrook knockoff.  :)

73,
Dave in Indy
(Noblesville)
montreal.kotalampi.com
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing with ...

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America