From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nigel Pimblett <nige2730@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:26 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 25 April 2017

     Wow.  I was expecting another ho-hum session this morning, but
instead I had my best New Zealand morning of the season.  Apparently
yesterday's taste of New Zealand was a precursor to today's feast.  Most
of the stations logged were Newstalk ZB, made possible by a consistent
signal on 1035 (and at times also on 1026) to use to check parallels.
1215, 1287, and 1296 are all new catches here.

729     unID    Very weak, with man talking at 1210.  Not // 1503, so likely RNZ.

756     unID    Traces of music at 1154 under the IBOC noise.  Presumably RNZ
from Auckland.

828     unID    Traces of talk by a man at 1151, music at 1153.  Music seemed
// to 954, but would Trackside Radio play music?

909     unID    Traces of choral music at 1148.  Likely Star from Napier.

954     unID    Traces of music at 1154.

1008    Newstalk ZB     Tauranga, NEW ZEALAND
        Traces of talk at 1149 through strong 1010 splatter (which somewhat
surprisingly came mostly from California rather than Calgary).  Musical
piece at 1157 which I was able to // with 1035.

1026    Newstalk ZB     synchros, NEW ZEALAND
        First noted in audio at 1157 with music segment // 1035.

1035    Newstalk ZB     Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
        Fair audio with an interview at 1146 when I first started the session.
Ad string at 1152.  Consistent until 1220 fadeout.

1143    unID    An IBOC-afflicted freq, but heard traces of a woman talking at
1203.

1179    unID    traces of music at 1155.  Likely Radio Ake.

1215    Newstalk ZB       Kaikohe, NEW ZEALAND
Traces of talk by a man at 1148.  Better at 1203 with ad for South
Pacific cruise (very tempting - as we had snow here today!), //1035.

1251    unID    Bits of talk at 1201, and music at 1206,but tough competition
from 1250

1287    Newstalk ZB     Greymouth, NEW ZEALAND
        Only snippets of man talking at 1155, but enough that I was able to //
with 1035.

1296    Newstalk ZB     Hamilton, NEW ZEALAND
        Poor at 1158, with music // 1035.

1386    R.Tarana        Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
        Poor, with talk by man at 1203, then south Asian music.

1503    R.Sport         Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
        American sports talk about Aaron Hernandez at 1206.

Strong carriers were also noted on 657,702,774,882,999,1017,1107,1179,
and 1458.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR with Wellbrook Phased Array
montreal.kotalampi.com
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing with ...

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America