[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, April 15-21, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page58
[over 209,000 views! as of April 21, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 930, Sunday April 16 at 1228 UT, tune-in just in time to hear closing of weekly 7 am CT pubaffs show in English, `Sunday Morning Magazine` which WKY is still carrying post-flip to SS ESPN Deportes elsewhen, inviting potential guests to contact them; immediately back to Spanish ID. Previously also heard but not synchro on sibling KWPN 640, both licensed to RADIO LICENSE HOLDING CBC, LLC along with some FM stations (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1390, April 20 at 0609 UT, local KCRC is open carrier/dead air. STILL so at next check 1211 UT --- I bet it was thus all night, no one caring or noticing at station which lost plugin from a sports network. Sibling 107.1 KNID is still alive at 1221 UT check, you bet! That`s what matters. By next check 1345 UT, KCRC has resumed stupid sportstalk.

Lack of splatter made DXing 1380 and 1400 easier, but nothing definite; two SS on 1380, probably Houston and Tulsa (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. IBOC checkup on major CBS AM stations, April 19 at 0148-0150 UT: NOT heard around 1160 KSL, 1120 KMOX, 830 WCCO, 780 WBBM; maybe still on 670 WSCR; noise definitely still infesting 1080 KRLD. Altho updated 21 March 2017, I think quite a few more here are now ex-IBOC:
http://topazdesigns.com/iboc/station-list.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1380, April 15 at 0446 UT, Spanish religion about ``el caudillo de Israel``, i.e. KRCM Shenandoah TX, probably on 22 kW day power (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, April 15 at 0445 UT, South Asian songs dominating again this time of night, no doubt KBXD Dallas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1640, April 15 at 0437 UT, local KZLS (Alex Jones accusing salon.com of lying about him; he makes me want to puke), with an understation, traces of Spanish. Rather than Argentina or PerÃ, I`m confident it is KBJA Sandy UT, the only SS known in North America on 1640. No sign of WTNI Biloxi MS with silly sportstalk in English, which is the usual understation, and often QRMing KZLS as if on daypower (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---