Re: [IRCA] WFLI-1070.

--- Begin Message ---
ÂNNNN

      From: "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx>Nice job of putting words in my mouth and assuming what I meant.

No, but this station needs some technical upgrades. (I heard the sign off
aircheck someone made, and it sounded horrible) That combined with monthly
operating costs and maintence make it a losing proposition.

Like WHAT? ÂTheir main transmitter is a Harris DX-50.Â
I could often hear them before local sunset Chattanooga and they sounded good.Â

50kw AM's don't necessarily mean lots of money anymore. The station is
pretty directional and is in an over saturated radio market.

Over saturated? ÂIf your format is country, otherwise you are full of it. Â

I could care less what theyre programming, doesn't bother me. But the
power bill alone for 50kw day and 2500 watts night is several thousand a
month, minimum.. nevermind maintence and repairs.... there's already plenty
of religion, talk radio and music on the radio in Chattanooga.

and NONE of them show up in ratings. Â

Nostalgia... the old top 40 days, 50000 watts on am don't pay the billd
anymore.. Alot of DX'ers don't seem to realize that nor do they understand
the business side of radio.

And sometimes YOU don't either.Â
ONLY one AM station showed up in ratings. Â(Interesting that 2 ÂHD-2s did. I wonder if they were on a translator )
There are a lot of 50,000 watt AMs making money. ÂIf you are a stand alone you have to work HARD and have really good sales people. Modern day radio (both AM and FM ) do not have many of this type person. ÂEven IF I were 40 again and had expertise in sales as well as what I have now, i would not want the stress. Â

Powell

--- End Message ---