[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 3-25

Thanks to Nick and Walt for their initial reports. I just finished a very enjoyable lunch with TP-DXer Craig Barnes from Colorado, during which we discussed all kinds of exciting subjects like antennas, propagation, and how to track down TP's with Ultralight radios and FSL antennas. Craig is an extremely fast learner, and he plans to try out his new 3.5 inch "Baby FSL" chasing TP's with his PL-310 and/ or ICF-2010 at Kalaloch, WA and Rockaway Beach, OR in the next few days. A photo of our meeting is posted at https://app.box.com/s/bgckffuk25nu2aajjik0co5bae9ol705

The Japanese and Korean big guns were setting the pace again this morning during a session from 1300-1400, with 594,693, 972 and 1566 especially potent. As reported previously 657-Pyongyang and its bizarre programming hung around for practically the entire hour, along with some fair peaks from 738-BEL2. 657-Pyongyang apparently has a somewhat reworked TOH routine, with a few seconds of soft female vocal music before the 3 +1 pips. As usual, the 3 + 1 pips seemed much stronger than the TOH routine before and after the pips, and of course North Korea's "TOH" is on the half hour (apparently by order of the "Eternal Leader"). All the previous DX was received on an "airport friendly" 5 inch FSL (which Craig and I plan to test out in Hawaii next month, TSA permitting).

657 Pyongyang BS Pyongyang, N. Korea 3 + 1 time pip TOH routine at a fair level at 1330
https://app.box.com/s/s8m9pjdvwy7ehgdmfo6nrwne6ha5nzi7
Incessant stern-voiced female tirade at 1353, dragging on until she was thankfully silenced by the propagation crash at 1358
https://app.box.com/s/18gh8btr9hx7wd6hpqzzxy3new1c9cfy

693 JOAB Tokyo, Japan Very good strength female news at 1353; typical of Japanese big gun strength this morning
https://app.box.com/s/8kcvn4jf9ncmtrk585ucjqpd1zf5y3sf

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
5 inch "Frequent Flyer" FSL antenna