[IRCA] Seoul AM Bandscan - YouTube Video (1 of 3)

Back in December 2015, fellow DXer Ryan Grabow (of Florida) introduced the idea of collaborating on an AM bandscan video as part of his own YouTube channel bandscan series. I was only a few months into listening to AM in Korea and eventually planned to make a brief bandscan of a few pages. Umm. The band was a little more complex than I had imagined.

Fast forward a year and I had finally completed a brief 115-page bandscan project with a 3-hour audio documentary and had some time to assist in this video project we both looked forward to.

After some work, the first of three AM bandscan videos has been completed. While the recordings are all my own - some of which have not been released previously - and the translations are my own with assistance from another good DX friend in Korea - the graphics and video itself are all his.

I'm hoping those who couldn't sit through 3 hours of audio will check out this video just short of 20 minutes. It's largely complete with English subtitles that will provide some more understanding to what you'd be likely to hear if you actually understood Korean. Two future videos - one of Korean & Japanese skywave and a third with Chinese (etc.) skywave are to come in the future.

The first video covers the local AM stations in Seoul as would be heard during the daytime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMMQlhylrA

-Chris Kadlec
 Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide
 http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul/