[IRCA] 3 brief dx sessions

Sunset 11/17 netted me only a relog of 1450-KVEN-Ventura CA 'The Boomer'
but I hadn't heard him in years.  Coming right thru KEST in their
strength (not their null).  Again, Mike Hawkins steered me to try for
this one.

Still unable to retire before midnight so I can get up early.  Listened
from 12-1 a.m. 11/18 with meagre results.  Might have had audio from
Grenada on 535 but too much buzz and other noise to be sure.  RVC-530
was audible thru the buzz.  Spent a lot of time trying to ID a c&w
station looping NE thru a horrid talk show on KBZZ-1270.  Eventually
faded before IDing & was overtaken by another c&w station, KJUG.  They
have this wonderful ID 'AM 1270' (even at top of the hour).  Was hoping
for CHAT before they leave the spectrum, but alas.........

Did manage to twirl the dials at 7:30 a.m. 11/18 (in broad
daylight--thanks Paul for the incentive)...nothing new but a number that
are not usually eceived with such good strength... e.g.

1280--KRVM-Eugene with NPR program, number of JPR (Jefferson Public
Radio) spots and into a BBC program....solid atop

1380--KSRV-Ontario with blasting rock music. over everybody

1410--KPNB  Portland solid atop with sports report on Oregon teams, 3 or
4 call IDs & into financial report

1470--KELA  Centralia-solid atop with local news, weather,ads & numerous
call IDs....

I have had this pipeline into Oregon before at this time of day.  Netted
me my only logging of Coos Bay on 1420 several years back.  If only I
could hear Florence on 1250 now............

don k.