From: "Richard N Allen" <richarda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 6:23:58 AM
Subject: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP DX 1/20/17

There were signs of a signal on 1566 kHz from 1327 until about 1344 GMT (LSR @ 1338).

Listening to a recording of the signal on 1098 made on 1/14, I was able to hear weak Marshallese talk under the ever present WTAM at 0716. It is the only new transoceanic catch since 2BL and 3LO in early autumn. I really thought I'd have more success this season, but the sun continues to block TP signals from reaching here. There hasn't been a word from the often heard JOUB since 12/7/16, even longer for other NHK stations.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA,
Skywave & FSL.

Sent from my iPad