Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] RIP DX Tests (was: Re: Rackley on Synchronous AM Boosters)

One approach that has been successful in the past is to have the CPC offer to handle all verification and QSL duties on behalf of the station. This proved to be very successful in obtaining DX Tests simply because it removed the burden from the station.

We further would take the lead on producing test materials (CW Morse Code IDâs, sweep tones, phonetic voice identifications, etc.) and providing that as an MP3 file, or on a CD.

At the end of the test, the CPC would verify reception reports and send out QSLâs. The station personnel received a detailed report showing all receptions (often plotted on a map using Google Earth)

The CPC Chairman is often more familiar with DXing, and better able to judge any questionable reception.

This approach allowed us to obtain DX Tests for a number of smaller stations, with limited resources. Another tactic we employed as to produce :60 long âTest Materialâ that could be run by a station during the overnight hours at the TOH as their ID. No change in transmitter power, pattern, etcâjust distinctive test material that could cut through clutter.

All that was required was for the station to insert the material into their inventory. These often ran for weeks at a time during the overnight hours. These too resulted in a lot of ânew onesâ going into the logs.

Iâm sure there are other innovative approaches that could be successful as well. The key is to acknowledge that times change. We have to change our tactics as hobbyists if we want to remain successful.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.