Re: [IRCA] Father of radio

Possibly the physicist Ernest Rutherford, a pseudo Kiwi??? He did some pre-Marconi, pre-Fessender radio work.

Chuck

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Theo <theod@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 8:48 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Father of radio

I know I'm biased, but wasn't there an NZ recluse who came up with the
concept of radio broadcasting?

I can't turn up any web search responses but memory suggests the claim
pre-dated 1900.

Theo

On 12/23/2016 5:04 PM, Richard N Allen wrote:
> http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/12/23/history-dec-23-1900-the-real-father-of-radio/
[http://img.src.ca/2016/12/23/240x135/161223_bw526_rci-m-fessenden-1906_4.jpg]<http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/12/23/history-dec-23-1900-the-real-father-of-radio/>

History: Dec.23, 1900, the real father of radio<http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/12/23/history-dec-23-1900-the-real-father-of-radio/>
www.rcinet.ca
Everybody seems to know the name Marconi. They often think of him as the inventor who started the idea of radio. While Marconi is often credited as being "the", or at least, "a" father of radio, he was in fact experimenting with wireless telegraphy, not radio. In fact, Marconi was never interested in transmitting voice...

> Sent from my iPad

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America