From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:21 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] UNID 1575

I seem to recall that Iran-1575 was quite common from PEI however.

The Abadan site and UAE are on about the same bearing from Massett
(though both have a somewhat more northerly bearing than to Finland),
so it does seem strange that they aren't heardin Massett as well, at
least sometimes .

best wishes,

Nick

At 11:47 18-12-16, you wrote:
>It is strange, that Iran would be so rare there as I am about the
>same direction to the north and here Iran is stronger than Farda. It
>is not always easy to distinguish them by programming, easier by
>frequency: Iran is about 40 Hz below nominal.
>
>73, Mauno
>
>18.12.2016, 0:38, Walter Salmaniw kirjoitti:
>> >From Masset, which is not too, too far from Galena, it's always Farda.  I
>>don't think I've heard Iran.  It makes sense, since Farda beams due north,
>>across the Pole, and right at us on the west coast.  Of course, the
>>simplest thing to do is to listen for an ID, which occurs
>>frequently.....73,...Walt
>>
>>On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Chris Kadlec <beaglebass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hi guys,
>>>
>>>Apologies for the short-sighted comments on 1575. I've never even heard of
>>>Farda! Please keep in mind that I've been an FM listener for most of my DX
>>>days and only know of what I can hear from Korea as far as AM goes. I don't
>>>go globally aside from that region (and only have a working knowledge of
>>>the clear-channels heard in the Midwest and East in the US and Canada). And
>>>because the band is ridiculously congested in East Asia, that mainly
>>>consists of all the stations many of you get for TP (including Paul, aside
>>>from Australia and... this one). Beyond that, these are stations I would
>>>never in my wildest dreams think of hearing from Korea.
>>>
>>>But VOA in Thailand: that's a regular in Korea that I am familiar with.
>>>
>>>-Chris Kadlec
>>>

>>>Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 06:56:01 +0000

>>>original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the
>>>IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers
>>>
>>>For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org
International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America

>>the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the
>>opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers
>>
>>For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org
International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America

>original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
>the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada