Re: [IRCA] Seoul AM Audio Bandscan

Chris,

This sounds fantastic! Really looking forward to it and I am sure that I speak for others in expressing my thanks for all the work and insight that you have put into this.

John Fisher

From: "Chris Kadlec" <beaglebass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 3:53 AM
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Seoul AM Audio Bandscan

I should finish my audio bandscan tomorrow. It'll be an even 3 hours long and will have a variety of recordings with commentary:

- Korean Central TV (DPRK) audio
- All regular skywave stations one frequency at a time
- Jamming (all jammers in a single compilation one frequency at a time / AM, FM, SW)
- Korean propaganda radio wars
(Echo of Hope, Voice of the People, Jayu FM, Jayuui Sori, V24 numbers station)

It's created out of 859 different audio files. I'm thinking of releasing the jammer and propaganda section (about 45 minutes long) separately this weekend.

Of all the commentary I recorded, I actually deleted 4+ hours of mistakes. I could have filled a half hour with freaking bloopers if I had time.

The only thing the project doesn't have is subtitles! For those of you who have read this message to the bottom, here is a 20-min. preview of the propaganda section (this is basically finished short of maybe perfecting the audio; this preview is lower quality; a recording issue is likely to delay this I think) --
http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/external/Seoul_AM_Preview.mp3 !

-Chris Kadlec
Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide