Re: [IRCA] Nova Scotia Logs and a question

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 11:19 AM, Neil Kazaross <neilkaz58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 1) Spain  I believe SER stns. are always in // except during their local
> breaks. http://www.hermanboel.eu/en-emwg-mw2.htm Unless catching a local
> break, you can't be sure which one you have and certainly you could have
> both. I refer to such logs as synchros. So my logging would read Spain SER
> synchros.

SER has local IDs at all sorts of times and what Iâve found most useful is to find a time [wav file] that has one and then start looking for others - if oneâs doing it, they all are.  Itâs usually just before TOH or TOHH [top of half hour].

RNE has some local/regional IDs at a 0625utc break.  I, for once, took advantage of this knowledge and programmed in some 8 min. Mestor events at 0623utc and got several ânewâ stations!  Itâs boring just recording the usual TOH RNE stuff and writing âSpainâ in the log.  Having a specific ID is NEAT!

Couple of examples:

http://realmonitor.com/qh8/161115/lbc/0625/e-531g.wav <http://realmonitor.com/qh8/161115/lbc/0625/e-531g.wav>

http://realmonitor.com/qh8/161115/lbc/0625/e-531g.wav <http://realmonitor.com/qh8/161115/lbc/0625/e-531g.wav>

Great way to learn your Spanish geography!

I also found this webpage helpful if you canât figure out from MWList.org <http://mwlist.org/> where a given region is on a given frequency:

http://www.rtve.es/rne/emisoras/frec-rne2011.htm <http://www.rtve.es/rne/emisoras/frec-rne2011.htm>

> 2) Certainly you had Iran here. The language spoken in Iran isn't AA but is
> Farsi. You refer to a Farda on 1305. I was unaware that there was one
> there. Is this a new development?

There is NO Farda on 1305!  Though there is Persian on Iran fighting [and usually loosing] to RNE.

http://realmonitor.com/qh8/161115/qh/1930/irn-1305.wav