[IRCA] If Skywave Protection for Class A's was Ended, Would That be Good for DX'ers or Bad?

Dennis referenced this article earlier today:
http://www.radioworld.com/article/kill-the-class-a-skywave-protections-now-nabob-urges/280058

Forgetting the impact to the industry or individual radio stations, would this be positive or negative for DXâers? Why do you think so?

Personally as someone who has logged less than 700 stations so far with my meager efforts, I have mixed emotions. Ending Class A protection might give me a better chance to log additional stations on the Clear Channel frequencies. For example, Iâve never logged anything on 650 KHz where WSM dominates. Likewise WSB, and a couple of others.

But it would also virtually eliminate any chance of my logging some other stations that have eluded me so far.

How do others feel?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.