[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 11-19

After many dreary sunrise sessions I decided to investigate predawn Asian propagation during the bizarre hours of 1100-1300 UTC. As Nick observed yesterday the TP's did indeed sound far more healthy during this inconvenient period, with several big guns even sounding pretty big.

At my 1130 start time 747-JOIB, 774-JOUB, 972-HLCA and the 1053-Jammer all had good signals in and out, with 594, 828 and 1566 not far behind. Second-tier Asians on 603 (HLSA), 738 (BEL2), 1044 (CRI), 1323 (CRI) and 1593 (CNR1) were far weaker, but they also had a few poor to fair peaks with readable audio. Signal generally held up until around 1245, when most of the Asians started a slow fade into the noise. By 1300 all of the second-tier Asians had bailed except for 738, which was losing the battle with San Francisco splatter (about the same time that I was losing the battle to stay awake). A final check around 1445 showed only 1566-HLAZ with a healthy signal, although other signals on the high band (like 1503, 1575 and 1593) did seem to be getting the daylight boost that Nick described in his report. Having invested serious time in the predawn effort, though, I didn't stick around to watch how things ended up. Overall the red-eye session was pretty interesting as a change of pace, especially after so many lackluster sunrise sessions.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna