[IRCA] DXpedition near Lubec, Maine

Sitting in the library for wifi here in Lubec, Maine waiting for the highest tide ever thanks to the ‘super moon.’  I’m at two sites with one 160’ DKAZ at 57 deg. and another a short distance away at 100 deg.  Both are ‘traditional’ 23’ mast versions with Vactrol Rt.

No internet at either location so paralleling with on-line streaming is out.  Will make a positive ID on things like South Africa on 828 a bit of a challenge.  That’ll have to wait ’til I get a chance to listen to wav files and pull some song titles hoping that they may actually be logged by the station … bit of a long-shot I fear.

What I’ve noted so far is that despite the unsettled conditions things are coming in pretty well … and fading in pretty early compared with ‘back home’ in DC.  ‘Early’ means hearing audio from 1900utc onwards from the likes of the UK on 1215 and 909 as well as Albania on 1395 [or thereabouts] and a few Spanish outlets.  By 1930 some more interesting stuff starts to come in and by 2000utc we’re in full-on DXp mode.

Past couple of morning I’ve watched TP carriers on 774, 972, 1593 fading up after 1000utc and lasting as late as 1100utc in the case of 1593.

More as I get a chance to go thru wav files.

Bill Whitacre
Lubec, Maine