Re: [IRCA] 940 unID (more)

--- Begin Message ---
Jim,

On a Sunday night only, some stations play the NA at 11 pm local after La Hora Nacional, instead of midnight.

Most of Mexico went off DST Oct 30 (like USA used to do), but the border cities force themselves to prolong it to the USA date a week later. (I`ve always wondered how far beyond the border that extends --- city limits?)

On 940 the only border station in the Central zone is Reynosa, XERKS. However, even there DST would be over early Sunday morning, and this was Sunday night/early Monday.

73, Glenn Hauser

=============

Pardon my error in the previous post about 940  It's XEQ, not XEQR!

Now I am hearing the Mexican National Anthem at 0600 UTC, after having
already heard it at 0500.

There's also a second Spanish station, and the two stations are in long
fades together of over 10 minutes.  XEQ seems to be playing salsa.  The
second station has more talk.

Jim Renfrew, Clarendon NY

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM, James Renfrew <jim.renf...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Jim Renfrew, Clarendon NY
>
> 0500 UTC, NOV 7 2016
>
> 940   Seems to be last night's Latin UNID again.  At 0500 I heard the
> Mexican National Anthem, so likely XEQR.  But I am mystified that the
> anthem would be played at 11:00 PM Mexico Time instead of midnight.  Is
> Mexico still on daylight time?  A web search says return to standard time
> was OCT 30, so I guess the anthem happens at 11 pm there.  At 0508 "en La
> Ciudad de Mexico", so even more likely XEQR.  The slogan I am having
> trouble hearing is probably "Que Buena".

--- End Message ---