Re: [IRCA] EWE Coax run

Chuck,

I don't know, but the RG 6 I bought said direct burial and some of it
has been in the ground now for 16 years and still works fine. All I know
is, it does work. Taking an ohm meter to it, I don't find it leaky. Plus
at 1 mhz, it probably makes little difference unless you have a direct
short. I have taken the R8 right out to the end of my antennas and
compared S Meter readings and I see no difference. Most of the coax does
run under the house though, so only a bit of it is buried, except for my
newest WNW EWE. I did recently buy an Alpha Delta coax switch as I was
getting interaction between the antennas going into the Grove TUN4 unit.
The problem was with the isolation of the cheap wafer switch in the
TUN4. Now using the $80 switch, the isolation is 60-70 DB. Really
excellent.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin