[IRCA] Good Sunset dx session

Quite surprisingly, I found the band alive when I tuned in at 1605 PST
11/14.  Especially good toward Oregon & Washington.........Resulted in 2
new logs + the last 2 H's for the IRCA contest........a sample

 790  KGHL  MT  Billings thru the pile with a good call ID @ 1605.

 920  KXLY  WA  Spokane with ID atop 1700-1705

 920  KSHO  OR  Lebanon climbed atop 1703 with time, call letter ID &
brief weather, finished news & into NOS format 1706 with  'Begin The
Beguine'.

 960  CFAC  AB  Calgary noted under KQKE local at 1655

1240  KRDM OR Redmond, 1621 atop mess with mentions of Central Oregon,
ad for a merchant located on Highway 97 in Redmond. Soon back in mush
but back again in a few minutes with syndicated talk. At 1634 again atop
with ads including Mid-Oregon Credit Center and several mentions of
Redmond. QRM mainly from ESPN Station(s) which usually is/are KQEN
Roseburg & KTIX Pendleton, both OR.  This was NEW!

1260  KLYC OR McMinnville noted with rock oldies under KOIT local about
1640.

1320  KXRO WA  Aberdeen 1643 under KCTC with local weather, several KXRO
mentions, a trivia question etc etc.  4 or 5 KXRO IDs over the next 3 or
4 minutes.  By 1647 KFNZ was solid under KCTC so KXRO must have pulled
the plug on time.  This was a NEW one!!!

1330 KKPZ OR Portland burying the CA stations between 1625-1640 with
religious messages.

1360 KKMO WA Tacoma way atop everyone with raukus SS music 1615-1630+

1390 KSLM OR Salem with sports atop frequency 1615

I'm happy with that, buzz or no...........

One other thing!   Is KQKE-960-Oakland now using IBOC?  The side bands
sure sound like it before antenna change at 1700 PST....

don k.