[IRCA] AM BCB DX…….AURORA PART 3

Hi Guys:

   Here is part 3 of my AURORA DX Report for the Time Period of Oct/25 to Oct/27. I am slowly working my way through the Recordings, and it seems every recording holds some nice DX. This Auroral opening was even better than it seemed at the time as I dig through the recordings and un-earth what was captured.

Mainly  Florida, Georgia and Caribbean in this report.

I still have lots of Recordings to review, so there should be a PART 4 and possibly a PART 5 to this Auroral Opening…….

RECEIVER………………..ELAD FDM-S2 SDR

ANTENNA……………….WELLBROOK ALA-1530LNP Imperium Loop

AM DX TOTALS are now…………………1,966 Stations Heard

73………..ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1040  WHBO  Pinelleas Park, FLORIDA   Oct/26/16  1858 EDT         EE    FAIR
Sports Talk and promos @ 1858 EDT. ID by <ale DJ @ 1858 as "Sports Talk 1040 - The Team".
Sports Talk to 1900 then ID as "Your home for ??? Sports - Sports Talk 1040 - The Team".
Ad for "Organic Food delivered to your door". More Sports Talk.

NEW STN                  AURORA          3.6 kW/420 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1110  WTIS  Tampa, FLORIDA  Oct/26/16  1859 EDT    EE    FAIR
Male DJ with IDs and Sign-Off Announcements @ 1859 EDT. "WTIS - Tampa/St.
Petersburg/Clearwater. Broadcasting on 1110 Kilohertz for West Central Florida. We'll
return tomorrow morning." Then said "HAPPY HOLIDAYS from your friends at WTIS!!".
Off Air @ 1900 with No National Anthem heard.

Mixing with WBT-Charlotte

NEW STN               AURORA            10 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
1520  WBZW  Apopka, FLORIDA  Oct/26/16  1858 EDT   EE    FAIR
Business Talk Show @ 1858-59. Promo spot for "Biz Talk Radio".
ID by Male DJ as "WBZW - Apopka/Orlando" @ 1900 EDT.
"Your Home for ???".

NEW STN                AURORA                5 kW/350 Watts
ROSS, ON.
830  XEITE Radio Capital  Mexico City, MEXICO  Oct/27/16  0658 EDT  SPANISH    FAIR
Mexican National Anthem with Vocals @ 0658-0700 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 0700 as
"Este Es XEITE Radio Capital". More Talk by Male DJ but hard to copy. Into EE Pop Music @
0700-02 EDT. "Nothing compares to you" by Sinead O'Connor.

NEW STN                AURORA            25/5 kW
ROSS, ON.
840  4VEH (Presumed) Cap Haitien, HAITI   Oct/27/16   0659 EDT     FRENCH      FAIR
This is Presumed to be 4VEH, as I did not hear an ID…But who else could it be??
Under WHAS - Louisville.
Female with FF Talk @ 0659 EDT. Male Spoke FF @ 0659, then back to Female speaking.
Trumpet Fanfare @ 0659:30. Female spoke FF again into Instrumental Music. @ 0700.
No ID heard on hour. Into Music  - sounded like Steel Drums and a Children's Choir
singing @ 0701-02 EDT. Not heard in a Long time!!

RELOG              AURORA                  10 kW
ROSS, ON.
1000   UNID?? Radio COCO Possibly CUBA  Oct/27/16  0659 EDT   SPANISH     FAIR
Male DJ with SS Talk @ 0659 EDT. Mentioned "RADIO COCO-TECHNICO" or something
very similar. @ 0659 EDT. Short Instrumental Music @ 0659-0700. Male DJ spoke SS
@ 0700 and mentioned "Noticias". Another Male Read News in SS @ 0700.
(Sounded very CUBAN Like).

The only RADIO COCO I can find anywhere on any Frequency is RADIO COCO 980 Khz
CMB Guanabacoa, Villa Maria CUBA.
Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not??? Anyone ever heard something like this???

ROSS, ON.

1120  WXJO  Douglasville, GEORGIA (Presumed) Oct/26/16  1858 EDT   EE   FAIR
Soft Religious Music on Piano @ 1858-59 EDT. Male DJ with ID as Sign-off
Announcements as follows…….
"This is WDPC - DALLAS concluding another Broadcast day. WDPC Operates on an
assigned carrier frequency of 1500 Khz, with a Maximum power output of 5000
watts as authorized by the FCC in Washington DC. Join us tomorrow for another day
of The Gospel of Jesus Christ here on WDPC DALLAS". Off Air at 1900 EDT.

Not sure what's going on here or why WXJO Douglasville is using WDPC Dallas's
Sign Off. They don't appear to have Joint Ownership as far as I can determine???

But there are NO OTHER AM Stations in Georgia on 1120 Khz….so I am presuming
this is WXJO I heard. Douglasville and Dallas are VERY Close to each other.

NEW STN                AURORA                  1 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
730  WSTT  Thomasville, GEORGIA  Oct/26/16  1858 EDT     EE    FAIR
Black Gospel Music @ 1858-1901 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 1901 as
" You're listening to WSTT - Thomasville, Georgia. ??? Georgia ???. Owned and Operated
by Southern Gulf Broadcasting." Gave PO Box 739 Address in Thomasville, GA.
Sign Off announcements and abruptly Off…No National Anthem heard.

They have a Night Time Power of 27 Watts…but were signing off @ 1901 EDT.

NEW STN                AURORA        5 kW/27 Watts
ROSS, ON.
810  WZYN  Hahira, GEORGIA   Oct/26/16  1858 EDT     EE     FAIR
Southern Gospel Music @ 1858-1900 EDT. Male DJ with ID and S-Off
Announcements @ 1900 EDT. Mentioned Power of 2500 watts and gave ID as
WZYN - Hahira/Valdosta. Trumpet call and off air @ 1900. No National Anthem heard.

NEW STN             AURORA            2.5 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
890  WJTP  Lithia Springs, GEORGIA  Oct/26/16       1858 EDT      CHINESE       FAIR
Male with CHINESE Talk @ 1958 EDT. Female spoke CC @ 1858-59. Male Spoke CC
again @ 1859 . Fanfare/Interlude @ 1859. Female with Chinese Talk over music
1859-1900. Abruptly Off Air @ 1900 EDT.
(China Radio Int'l Station)
No sign go WGN Chicago, all alone on the Frequency!

NEW STN               AURORA            5 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
1060  WKNG  Tallapoosa, GEORGIA  Oct/26/16    1858 EDT     EE   GOOD
C/W Music @ 1858-1901 EDT. Male DJ with ID @ 1901 as "Serving the Great South East -
WKNG Tallapoosa/Carrollton - KING Country - FM 93.7 and AM 1060". Into more C/W Music.

NEW STN                AURORA             50 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
1280  WMCP  Columbia, TENNESSEE  Oct/26/16  1859 EDT   EE   GOOD
ID by Male DJ @ 1859 EDT as "Your exclusive Home for the Titans - This is 1280 WMCP -
Columbia". Into Sports Pgm "Now the Voice of the Titans - This is Mike Gee". Sponsor of
Show was "The Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee". @ 1900 EDT.

NEW STN                  AURORA                    5 kW/500 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1080  WHIM  Coral Gables, FLORIDA  Oct/26/16  1859 EDT   SPANISH/EE
Male DJ with Spanish Talk…sounded like a Brokered Spanish Religious Pgm??? @ 1859 EDT
ID by Male DJ first in Spanish and mentioned Coral Gables and Ft. Lauderdale. Then ID in
ENGLISH as "WHIM - Coral Gables-Miami". Into more SS Talk @ 1900.

RELOG………But NEW CALLS            AURORA          50/10 kW
ROSS, ON.
Switch to Night Power???

RELOG                  AURORA         50/9.7 kW
ROSS, ON.
690  WOKV  Jacksonville, FLORIDA  Oct/26/16  1858 EDT    EE     VG
2 Males with News/Talk @ 1858-59 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 1859 as "WOKV-FM -
Atlantic Beach, 690 AM Jacksonville". Ad for "Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville.
Gone @ 1900 EDT Switch to Night Power??

RELOG                 AURORA            50/25 kW
ROSS, ON.