Re: [IRCA] WATERPROOF BOXES (was: DKAZ questions)

Yes I believe it does, but the thinking is that it is a tiny hole, and so not much more air than might find its way inside in any case.

If your box has an air tight seal everywhere, you will likely get away with the desiccant pack to dispose of the moisture that is in the air that you seal in with it. At work, that was done with boxes that would be submerged (by definition an air tight seal on those boxes, rubber o-rings and grease, seated cleanly), but the desiccant would always be replaced if the box was ever opened.

If a small leak of moist air finds it way around a connector for example, you will find yourself with a pile of desiccant mush in one corner of the box eventually. We should all join Bill B. in Arizona to solve this problem, hi.

best wishes,

Nick