Re: [IRCA] WATERPROOF BOXES (was: DKAZ questions)

I use Guyâs eBay gray plastic boxes for the indoor portion of the Vactrol and some black RadioShack mini-boxes for outside â WITH bleed holes.  I can attest to the fact that condensation DOES happen â whether at Grayland or Lubec or Fleeton, VA on the Chesapeake Bay.

Fortunately, inside the outdoor portion of the Vactrol youâve only got a Vactrol itself and perhaps a couple of resistors, depending on whose circuit youâre using.  Not much bad can happen unless the condensation mixes with a little salt water and shorts something out â could happen.

After just one trip to Grayland a new outdoor device needs a good fresh water rinse after several days of salty mist or just blowing breeze.  Not quite sure how my âoldâ FLG100s still work but they do!  Proves that âpottingâ something is far more useful than just to keep prying eyes away.  ;-)