[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, October 21-27, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page52

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 800, Oct 24 at 0605 after multi-verse XE NA, barely hear a ``CaÃÃn`` ID, so XEROK, Ciudad JuÃrez, Chihuahua is still here, but much QRP vs KQCV OK nulled as much as possible; also a ``punto siete`` reference to FM //? But none is listed for XEROK (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1521 kHz, Oct 25 at 0126 UT, in a TA JBA MW carrier bandscan I do detect one here, very weak against KOLM & KOKC 1520. By 0130 with extremely narrow bandwidth on the NRD-545, I think I am squeezing some audio thru, possibly Qur`an? So is the Saudi 2-megawatter at Duba back in business; or could it be CRI Urumqi, EAST TURKISTAN, reported testing last week after an absence, scheduled 00-02 in Russian? Aoki says 100 kW, WRTH says 500 kW, but it`s big in Europe (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Re my 1521 kHz, Noel Green, NW England replies: ``Glenn, I've been trying 1521 in our late afternoon / early evening but not heard either of these stations. Maybe due to propagation, but I don't think so as Saudi's 1600 kW station on 1440 is often heard well. 73 from Noel``.

The same evening but no time specified, Bill Whitacre says about Sa`udi, ``BTW, 1521 is no longer the 'monster' it has been in seasons past. In fact, it's not in here at all! Must be having tx problems. Bill Whitacre, Alexandria, VA`` (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Well, besides CRI Urumqi, hardly any other 1521 options from AfroEurAsia (gh, DXLD)

** MEXICO. 1560, UT Mon Oct 24 at 0319 UT, `La Hora Nacional`. topic cultural events in Guanajuato, which I had heard publicized last week in a promo on some other XE. Not // much stronger 1570 XERF. Loops SW, whence the only possibility is XEJPV, Ciudad JuÃrez, Chihuahua, more  like WSW.

At 0331, 1560 has moved on to something else, while XERF is just wrapping up LHN from/about Guanajuato, so playout must have started at least a minute late there (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Oct 21, UT:
at 1216, 774-NW, 693-NW
at 1221, 828-NW, 1098-W
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 23, from 1227 to 1232 UT: mostly NW from Japan/FE at first, then some WSW, DU, all as usual on the hand-held DX-398 with internal ferrite antenna only. The big guns from NHK, 774, 747 and 693 initially were strong enough for some audio, especially 774:

774-NW, 747-NW, 738-SW, 702-NW, 693-NW, 666-NW, 657-?, 612-WSW, 594-NW, 567-NW, 792-WSW, 828-WSW, 837-WSW.

At 1234, 1098-W.
Our sunrise at 1246 UT.
At 1250, 774-WSW, 702-WSW (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search, Oct 24 at 0557-0601, all roughly NE to ENE, u.o.s.: 773-E (Mauritania), 747, 738 [could also be opposite TAHITI already], 603, 846, 882, 1044, 1098, 1368.

(No TP search circa sunrise Oct 24: much needed sleep catchup. Per Richard Allen, didn`t miss much) (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search, October 25 at 0119-0125, looping roughly NE except 783-East as in Mauritania: 612, 774, 783, 837, 1017, 1053, 1152, 1215 --- and see separate 1521 entry. On the handheld DX-398, I also have one on 1125, but suspiciously + and it vanishes when I turn off the NRD-545 nearby. That also emits its own birdie carriers on a few other frequencies; beware (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific pre-sunrise JBA MW carrier search October 25: nothing lowband, only 1566 from the NW at 1227, presumably FEBC S Korea and/or the N Korean jammer (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Oct 27 UT:
576-NW at 1236
612-WSW at 1246
702-WSW, 2 carriers beating at 1237; also 1245, maybe one more from W?
774-WSW at 1238
828-WSW at 1240
936-WSW at 1241
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)