[IRCA] aurora conditions

Regarding auroral conditions, I've seen a rare condition about 4 times (roughly once a year) where TA stations get a huge boost when the auroral conditions are dying down and the K index is down to 4 or 5.

The boost is possibly 20 db and lasts as little as 30 minutes. So the dial is full of hets (at least in the upper half of MW), and several stations have readible audio. There was a big event on Feb 2, 2015 at around 2:25-2:55 UTC where I heard more TA audio than I had in the past four months.

More typical auroral conditions are that my northern stations are partially or totally wiped out and I get good reception into Cuba and Latin America.

Aaron
Philadelphia, PA

--
High resolution map of race and income --> JusticeMap.org