[IRCA] Auroral question

Are there any "hard and fast" rules about what areas for DX reception will be enhanced when auroral conditions exist? (Excluding the gray line effect)

My experience so far has been that it seems to favor the deep south and Central / South America from my location (N. Indiana). It's probably location-dependent, I would guess.

Best rule is just listen and see what shows up, eh?  :^)

Planning on seeing something interesting this evening, after the K-index spike today. (While watching the world series of course...)

Mark