Re: [IRCA] 23rd Oct West Coast first look...

Interesting prediction. There seems very little evidence of anything very much (save slowly increasing, then levelling off, solar wind starting 1500UT on 22 October) on sites such as

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
http://lasp.colorado.edu/space_weather/dsttemerin/ACE_RT_96_hrs.html
http://lasp.colorado.edu/space_weather/dsttemerin/dsttemerin.html

There was a slight blip in the K-indices to 3 in the 0900UT period, then back to runs of 2.

It does seem that something happened here after about 1230UT, and perhaps earlier, per Neil's comment.

best wishes,

Nick

At 17:08 23-10-16, you wrote:
@aurora_alerts on Twitter -- I got a 58 minute disruption warning at 1047 U exactly... In 58 minutes the Aurora Borealis should be Active. (4 Kp) zpr.io/sKNt For Aurora Alerts: zpr.io/bKej "
"

Colin Newell - CoffeeCrew.com - VA7WWV - Victoria - BC

> On Oct 23, 2016, at 7:59 AM, Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Where is the notification coming from Colin?
>
> SWPC site is still showing data from 1200UT along with some predictions of minor Armageddon, but it does seem that something has occurred since 1200UT. And my bleary eyed searches haven't found any evidence of what that would be yet, but the ears sure have.
>
> best wishes,
>
> Nick
>

> At 14:08 23-10-16, R. Colin Newell wrote:
>> I got an auroral notification on my phone -- great signal on 756.... NZ I guess.
>>
>> Murphy at work today.
>>
>> Colin Newell - CoffeeCrew.com - VA7WWV - Victoria - BC
>>
>> > On Oct 23, 2016, at 7:05 AM, Nigel Pimblett <nige2730@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Was quite good, and all Asian here earlier (1200 UTC), but something happened and the Asians had vanished by 1300.
>> >
>> > 73,
>> >
>> > Nigel

>> > For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org

> Nick Hall-Patch