Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:16 AM
Subject: [IRCA] EWE Coax run

Bert,

The coax run is really a mess.  I use three 25' sections of RG-59 from Radio shack (the cheap stuff) and connect them with two barrel connectors.  For  SW, NW  I need all 75' of coax.  NE and SE I can get by with only 40'.  I drilled a hole through the wall of the house and installed a plasic tube to pass the coax through.  I have 2 RG-59 cables, one for the H-800 active antenna and a ground wire (AG-12) to ground the radio and Zap Trapper lighting surge protector.  I need to get some RG8, the type that can be buried, then run the cable under the house and  bury it outdoors.  I believe Patrick uses this method and it works great for him.  I'll try to take some pictures with the digital camera Monday before I head out to the race track.

Dennis Vroom
Vancouver, WA
JRC 545
EWE 50' NE