Re: [IRCA] Slightly OT - the Best film about Shortwave radio in production.

Colin:

Thanks for the post.

A short wave broadcast from the CBC IS (later RCI) station at Sackville was the very first I heard.  It was a late Sunday afternoon in winter and I was listening on an old receiver found in the upstairs of my grandmotherâs house.  The broadcast contained a mailbag program hosted by Earle Fisher, and the frequency was 11.72 Mc/s.  Surprising what I still remember!   I became a regular listener of the service until the end.

Interestingly, while I was stationed in England a few years later, I heard my first trans-Atlantic medium wave DX from CBA-1070, Sackville.

The QSL cards from those two broadcasts are among my most treasured.

Richard Allen.
--
believed to be clean.