Re: [IRCA] EWE Coax run

Dennis,

I use RG6 as I can buy that locally. I buy the swept RG6 that they use
for DBS Satellite TV. It can be directly buried. Most of mine run under
the house to the backyard. Only about the last ten feet is buried.
However, my latest EWE, I have about 40 feet of that buried. The first
leg, I ran it through PVC pipe to protect it, as it runs through the
middle of the yard.  I used to use the cheap RG59, but I had trouble
with burying it. Moisture does get into it. The RG6 is only a bit more
and it lasts and lasts. Right now I have 4 antennas, and all fed with
RG6 with matching transformers. I recently spent $86 inc shipping for an
Alpha Delta switch, so I get great isolation between the antennas. I
have been feeding through the TUN4 and it has such poor isolation. An
unused terminal would give me S9 in leakage from like KXL or KGO. Now,
on unused terminal using the Alpha Delta gives zero s meter readings.
Only the 3 locals are just barely heard, not enough to interreact. Maybe
that too has had an effect on the directivity of the beverage.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR