Re: [IRCA] DKAZ questions

Incidentally, for the DXpeditioner, the FLG100 will drive over 500 feet of coax, though not in the manufacturer's specs.

best wishes,

Nick

At 15:55 07-10-16, you wrote:
One can use coax, with adequate grounds at both ends to mitigate stray
pickup, although I strongly suspect that there's a distance at which point
the other options might be better.

I should also note that good Cat5 cable is also not cheap in and of itself.

For the upcoming LBI DXpedition we'll continue to use coax grounded at both
ends, although we're dealing with feedline distances of LT 100', not
straight line. We have plenty of electrical noise in the area but no RF
closer than 20 miles or so.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (4) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 4);
modified Sony ICF2010's (3) w/APS9B @ 15';
modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip

Nick Hall-Patch