[IRCA] Fun with loops

I have been having some fun with the two foot loop in the back of my truck.
Tonight I added a four position antenna switch.  Right now it has the loop
and the whip on the roof.  Switching between them brings some interesting
changes.  From where I happened to be parked, I can switch between the Cuban
and WICC on 600.  Likewise Cuba and Chicago on 670.  1220 brings either WRIB
or WHK even with it.

Tomorrow I'll make another two foot loop and mount it in the truck at 90° to
the current one, set for minimum interaction.   Maybe I'll try the phaser
with the two loops as well, though that can get dangerous while driving
(grin).

With the essentially nil noise pickup, the loops will be a boon for DXing on
the long commutes between some of my clients.  Now to add a headphone jack
to block the truck noise..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI