[IRCA] New 1566 kHz Pulse Jammer Identified

Thanks to Mauno Ritola and the NEABI for their investigation of the new 1566 kHz pulse jammer on HLAZ's signal during the Japanese service from 1230-1300 UTC.

According to the NEABI this is clearly a North Korean jammer, with a sound signature identical to that of the jammer used against 1467-KBS in Mokpo, South Korea. Although I have only received this jammer signal during HLAZ's Japanese service, the NEABI says that the jammer presumably is on 24 hours a day, jamming all of HLAZ's programs.

So although this is a rather strange new TP, I suppose it will become a primary target among DXers here in North America. This was its "buzzing bee" signal as received at 1254 UTC on September 24 (the strongest reception yet here), interfering with HLAZ's Japanese service.
https://app.box.com/s/gm78l03yw105533ewwaocf42qzur08l9

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna